PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 15:43
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
bast0n, of course it is only your opinion and you are entitled to that of course, but based on what? It is possible that the aircraft did not go IMC until the very last few seconds before impact. I do not know that, I merely say that it is possible. That would have been after the TP and well after the next one was selected. Why on earth would these experienced pilots have maintained track instead of turning to the next one? You say that:
the airworthiness issues in my view are a sideline however reprehensible that some feel that the powers that be were in sorting it out.
yet we now know (and the BoI could have then if it had called upon the Odiham TP to give evidence) that UFCM's were a part of those "airworthiness issues". Without going into the minutiae of the can of worms that this aircraft was as "Released to Service", is there not sufficient doubt in your mind to substitute LB's:
"I don't know, nobody knows, therefore the verdict was an affront to both the rules and justice".
for your certainty that this was pilot error. Of course it might have been, but how do you know?