PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 15:10
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Thank you, LB.
"I don't know, nobody knows, therefore the verdict was an affront to both the rules and justice".
is as good a professional opinion as I could wish for. For in that very reasonable statement you demolish the MOD case completely which requires knowing the aircraft to have gone IMC at the TP. I have a nasty feeling that the MOD is set to "cut a deal", whereby they will maintain their "scenario" but magnanimously reduce the finding to "pilot error". A few years ago they would have got away with that. If they had done nothing other than confirm the BoI itself at the time they would have had none of this hassle and it would have been yet another case of CFIT. Thanks to their obduracy we now have a much different view of this accident and where the Gross Negligence truly lay. "Pilot Error" will be too little and too late to obscure that.
Once again I maintain that if this aircraft went IMC at the TP, while under control and maintained track, then that was indeed negligent, but you don't bast0n, do you? Why?