PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More Info for those (low-timers) seeking a job in Namibia
Old 16th Jan 2011, 14:49
darkroomsource

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I read the forum and I saw where several posts were hinting that min hours maybe on the way up to 400 or 500TT. Since I don't have anywhere near that, there is no need to fly over if those are now the min required. I am asking for an update from people in the know about this.

Also, I realize that each country does set its own rules, but most countries copy FAA regulations and requirements since the FAA is the Granddaddy of all air operation government entities. Sometimes the FAA adds rules based on Euro regs. It is becoming an international standard, which in some ways would be really nice, take your license from one country to another and another and have it accepted without question.

So again, I ask, what is the deal about flying a c210? Is this just a hp requirement like the FAA hi performance endorsement requirement?
There's a LOT more to read, trust me.
Look for the Maun 2007 thread (or 2007-2008) and every season thereafter. Even the stuff way back to 2002 is good. There are thousands and thousands of posts. Take your time and read them. I guarantee you that ALL of your questions have been answered. (with the exception of who's there right now, because that changes every year)
And no, the mins have not increased, based on who's been hired this year so far. This question is covered many times in the previous threads.
As for ratings for C210, in southern Africa (and in much of the rest of the world) you have to have a "rating" for each and every make/model you fly. Again, if you read the threads, this particular question is covered at least a dozen times. And how to get that C210 rating is also covered.