PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF11 Eng Failure - Sensationalism journalism with Qantas or truly a trend?
Old 16th Jan 2011, 13:11
1a sound asleep

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My apologies. Yes OJO not S. Had the build date right as 1991 but had S on the brain.

There are enough pax today that are on all the frequent flyer forums to report engine failures on every EK,UA,DL,SQ,NZ,CX,MH,BA in and out of Australia as well as all the domestic flights and there are just no where near the reports on issues like there are with the QF 744 RR. Where there's smoke there's fire.

Of course QF has the statistics. Yes QF has had a run of bad luck. If these engines are being maintained in the same shop in SIN as engines for other major airlines why are the other airlines not having the same dramas?

Like many I have a godhelpmezillion number of QF shares and I don't want to bring the place undone. I recognise that to survive and compete with the Asian carriers paying peanuts to monkey we have to cut back, work harder and be more efficent. What I dont understand is why the "safest airline" is becoming the "nearest to disaster airline" in the eys of the media.

Once upon a time all the lovely used QF planes went off to new homes. The 742 fleet were sold off whilst still relatively young and found homes with the likes of VS, UA and CO. We now have 20+ year old 744s . What happened?