PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Decision to axe Harrier is "bonkers".
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 11:39
Wrathmonk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TTH

He's a journo (or hack as he describes himself in his profile).

I refer you to the "warning" at the bottom of each page (although I gather Mick Smith is his real name ....) :

As these are anonymous forums the origins of the contributions may be opposite to what may be apparent. In fact the press may use it, or the unscrupulous, or sciolists*, to elicit certain reactions
It could be that Mr Smith is throwing such outrageous figures about in the hope that someone will be outraged enough to (accidentally) give him the real figures that would not be available through official channels! And thereby another hack has an "exclusive"!

WEBF

I'm not suggesting that at all. But they do contribute towards the problems caused by the free spending, high borrowing former government. Something has got to give to save money and, like it or not, the Harrier (along with many other things across all the Whitehall departments) fell the wrong side of the cut. And I still believe that had the contracts for the carrier not been written the way they were at least one of them would have been axed as well.