PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF11 Eng Failure - Sensationalism journalism with Qantas or truly a trend?
Old 16th Jan 2011, 11:25
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blow-up grounds Qantas flight bound for LA | News.com.au

And now the story goes to news.com.au........ pretty much the same as the OP Yahoo/7 one... but already 108 comments. Interesting reading. Sadly this is what the punters are saying about our QF.
By teresa green.. The press certainly just love this sort of stuff, which happens every day, somewhere in the world, but as 99.9% of PAX make it to their destination unscathed, we can assume that things are not to bad.
I agree.... but I don't think this report is as dramatic as some of the others over the past year or so... and I can't help thinking what ampclamp said...

The rollers are having a bad run for sure. Qf will deny any trend or any issue with outsourced maintenance ( or lower LAME v AME ratios) but they will and should be looking very closely at why.
It looks bad regardless of whether the problems are related to any of the above.
Yeah, certainly starting to look bad if the punters are writing comments like

" Qantas an accident waiting to happen"
There seriously is an image problem at QF that must be addressed sooner rather than later.. it's not just going to go away this time.