PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Changes to CEA
Thread: Changes to CEA
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 09:32
Pontius Navigator
I don't own this space under my name. I should have leased it while I still could

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Trim Stab
But one uprooting in a career is hardly justification for full CEA is it?
Trim Stab, and therein lies the financier's arguement.

The issue is not one uprooting in in a career but one uprooting in a child's critical education.

Stating the bleedin obvious, CEA is only payable for short periods of one's career that coincide with specific periods of a child's education.

Now there are several stages the most critical being the GCSE stage and the A-level stage. Less critical and more career induced is the primary period when postings to places where there are inadequate primary schools is the issue.

It would be tempting to freeze postings during the two secondary stages, with postings occuring between the two, but this could delay staff courses and disrupt posting patterns for other people too.

The availability of CEA removes the excuse of 'can't accept that posting because . . . '

It really is going round the same buoy time after time - flexibility of employment and against the disruption of the child's future. The countries best interest is to ensure the education of its future citizens.