PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2011, 07:13
BrATCO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kontrolor,
I think that the privatisation of British rail system showed us everything we need to know about that.
As shows privatisation of French rail, mail, electricity, water, health, pensions, motorways,...

Prices never decrease, investments stop, services fade away then prices increase.
Never mind as long as shareholders get their incomes, but it costs the community a lot more than before for a result that could be questionned.
The question of quality of the service is now in second or even in third plan...what is going on in Spain is fascism. And if you would like to see it working, go to Hungary...they have just introuced new kind of totalitarism...
Would you please share your knowledge about Hungary ?
Another thread, maybe ?

SINGAPURCANAC,
Competition is always good. It is so nature. Of course if you believe in evolution.
Can one believe in evolution and still wonder about humans flying ?

Competition is always good when it's about being as good as one can.
I don't agree with you when competition is all about earning more than the neighbour.
At least not in aviation.
In ATC, the service is safety, everything else is litterature.
Safety in aviation needs investment. Shareholders need as little investment as possible...
You might be right : Darwin will sort the situation out. Just hope the only loss will be money.

I found an interresting link in another thread about Human Factors, thus safety when talking aviation.
This is the thread :
http://www.pprune.org/safety-crm-qa-...incidents.html
This is the link :
Serious about improving morale?

This shows everything AENA's managers should have done in order to avoid Darwin's strike.

LH2,
Problem with Spaniards is that they never admit to being wrong
Sure, you always do !

Djerbadevil,
AENA has decided to ask their Italian equivalent ENAV to resolve the lack of controller instructors
I remember this :
Italians work stripless, Spanish work with strips, don't they ?
And this :
Correct. Even more surprising, they don't have the ratings they are supposed to teach
And this :
we have been working stripless since 2002....
Makes me think that this time, the trainees might surpass the trainers... before the training begins.
Another loss of money, another Darwin's strike...

Last edited by BrATCO; 16th Jan 2011 at 07:19. Reason: Guess....... : typo