PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - QF11 Eng Failure - Sensationalism journalism with Qantas or truly a trend?
Old 16th Jan 2011, 04:51
empire4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can't remember a time when QF had so many Inflight Shutdowns. Sure it is a relatively common thing, and quite safe. However I think the reason Qantas gets more neg publicity is due to the fact that the one and only sales pitch they have is the safety record.

Lets face it, many other airlines have better aircraft, cabins, staff etc. Slowly, the maintenance has been erroded at QF. T & C for engineers are getting worse and along with the "Boys club" that is engineering does not help to attract or keep good quality staff. blah blah blah.

I remember thinking how proud I was to wear the Uniform, to go the extra distance. Not for anything than the pride of the Aussie brand. Now that seems to have gone with management in place for short term gain.

The dead wood management that were operating Eng. have gone, but unfortunately the damage they have done may take years to right itself if at all. It will take a massive staff commitment and $$$ which in this age of greed and corruption I can't see happening.

As far as MRO's are concerned, I have worked in asia and can tell you the standards are far far lower than what they are at QF. Sure, lames from QF go up there but they only represent 10% of the workforce. MRO's are a business, and will take all shortcuts necessary to ensure they make money. period.