PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet passengers told 'get off the plane or you will be arrested'
Old 16th Jan 2011, 02:50
YorkshireTyke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That is rather depressing.
Maybe.

As a pilot I guess I've no place on this thread anyway ! ( but I guess I'm not the only one, either )

To discuss the reason for the stuff up is pointless, if you KNOW that the tanker driver started to txt his girlfriend and overfuelled as a result, or that the Captain got his sums wrong, so what ? Are you going to ask Easyjet to ensure that their sub-contractors do their job properly next time, or ask if the Captain has a grasp of simple arithmetic ? That is a normal expectation, and check-in staff are going to regard you as some sort of nutter if you do.

This thread should only have been about how Easyjet handed the stuff up - which in itself was a given - with suggestions as to how the pax. might have been handled better from a customer point of view, the legal considerations are very interesting, thank you, and yes, sometime stupid questions in seminars can be very useful to work towards a solution .

What got ( gets ) my goat is the AUTOMATIC assumption that the pilot stuffed up everytime that there is an aviation incident ( as here, quote " the Captain got his sums wrong " Oh, yeah ? )

If the pilot makes a mistake, and yes, they sometimes do, even me (!) it is usually the last mistake in a chain, and he isn't around to defend his actions, maybe based on mistaken information given by someone else in the chain.

Sorry my paranoia is showing through. I can handle it.