PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 22:52
cj0203

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In my humble opinion, Everybody's different. Regardless of age, If you want it bad enough and are truly dedicated to the task of putting in the hard work, dedication and "blood,sweat and tears", you can get it. I know, I know, sounds like a cliche, but it's a cliche simply because it's true.

I'm 32 now and know personally that when I was 20, I didn't have enough of those above attributes to pass something like ADF pilot's course. I feel now is the best time for me to accept the challenge. But as I said, that's me, eveybody's different. This maybe the complete opposite case for some 20 year olds or some 40 year olds.

I had a great run in the selection process until after successful FSP where things started to unravel before my eyes but I'm still here and want this even more despite the disappointments. The Hunger grows.

I believe that if you're letting a few setbacks and/or frustrations along the way make you think twice, you don't really want it enough. And that goes for all things in life.

Chris

Last edited by cj0203; 16th Jan 2011 at 06:37.