PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 21:06
SadPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mbar

The only difference in Polish regarding statements and questions is the pronounciation of this single word. Delayed or no answer from Blasik (if that was a question) might have caused the following crew state of indecision -- but please note that this is my pure speculation. Unless I can (or we all can) hear it, we can only say "the truth is out there".
Precisely. This is why I think in the era of the internet they should have just posted the recordings. If they did, I would extract the "PULL UP" sound out of that fragment and see it for myself. Software for doing that is available all around. Since "PULL UP" is a recorded voice, and it is repeated a few times, you can create a pure form of it and then subtract it from the critical fragment. This gives you whatever they are supposed to be saying at the same time.

But, I think the fact that they mention that it might not have been assertive enough would indicate that it was a question. If they can make the words out, they can make out the intonation. Unless we are dealing with some intimidated person, there is a hell of a difference between the way a command would be spoken and a question. And it is true in all languages:

GO AROUND!!!
Go Around??

UHOD!!!
Uhod??

They still claim that the plane leveled off at 100 meters and flew horizontally for 8 seconds and we know it's not true.
Therefore, they still have not figured out that this is only the impression one would get by looking at the radio altimeter due to terrain falling at that time. That's the whole damn root of the problem.

See Figure 45 in the report.
Red line - Radio Altimeter readout.
Blue line - Altitude above RWY 26.

Last edited by SadPole; 15th Jan 2011 at 21:27.