PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Wizzair
Thread: Wizzair
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 20:52
Wozik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jpthomas72, OV has added a VNO-TXL from May with flight starting from 73EUR. However I agree that another spot in Germany would make sense. I'd guess however that something closer to Munich (hello Memmingen) would attract more expat attention and could also attract more tourists.

I wish they opened a VNO-BUD at some point. Could be a perfect getaway destination in both ways, and also could form a fake transit to other wizzair destinations.

Good news for Wizzair as Ryanair is cutting most German routes from KUN: NRN and SXF. Only HHN will remain. A shrinking Ryanair at KUN is giving more potential business to Wizzair at VNO. So I'd expect them to add DTM sometime in the future, which is their big German base, or maybe NRN or CGN if DTM is too restricted. There is a sizeable Lithuanian community in Germany. Also from 1st May 2011, the job market is finally fully open to the countries who joined the EU in 2004. But first should wish Wizzair some luck, and that they can break the 'VNO-curse'...