PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Spanish ATC
Thread: Spanish ATC
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 20:01
SINGAPURCANAC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you realy wish that ATM systems are privatised? Do you realy wish that any infrastructure is privatised? Do you realy think that competition in ATM will bring any good?
I think that the privatisation of British rail system showed us everything we need to know about that.
asking me or someone else......

ATM System is SERVICE not RULER,for further references check Mesa Selimovic book " CASTLE"

there is no reason to believe that infrastructure is purely state business. there are hundreds of good privat examples.
British ATM system is good reference. in that direction. If you need more good examples I will provide it.
Also there are good State ATM companies ,absolutely safe,expeditious.....
So there is no one answer.

Competition is always good. It is so nature. Of course if you believe in evolution.

Spain will be perfect example of "nature processes" in ATM world.
If they do not solve problem with ATM, before the March/April they will have huge problems with touristic season. that will effect tourist industry and ATCOs will loose any public suport. In such situation any deterioration of T&C is so easy. Rulers dream.

Do you really bellieve that tourist will flow to Ibiza or to gran Canaria if problem with ATM persist during the main Toursitic fairs,all around Europe?

No Chance.
Do you remember Greece last year?. They had some uncertainty,during the first three/four months of 2010. Nothing special for Balkan state, but uncertainty as such. Figures for last year , 20 to 30 % less tourist ,in areas with the Dutch and German tourists up to 80% less tourists. if you need pictures of empty towns and beaches ,just ask. After that everyone agrees that "measures" should be taken.
Too late, too little.
I am afraid that it could happen to our Spanish colleagues.
Unfortunately.