PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 17:32
SadPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RegDep, Alice025

My understanding was that there were some expectations that the Poles will publish some data from (some?) ATC-related recordings obtained elsewhere than the Russian authorities (e.g. SadPole's post on 14 Jan). Did something come out, and if yes, what? Anyone from Poland?

First I heard, they were supposed to publish it yesterday. Now they say, they will publish it next week. It might be that they will not publish/pursue it at all as some sane people are in the process of explaining to them just how silly the whole idea is. I don't mean publishing the recordings is silly, personally, I want everything published, I hope someone does that to finally put an end to all the conspiracy theories. What is silly is the idea that they are pursuing.

Now, I will tell you what that idea is, but you have to promise that you won't laugh. What is established at this point for sure is that after the two attempted landings (near crashes) of IL-76 the ATCs are… less than enthusiastic about any more planes trying to land. At least one person at the tower wants to shut down the airport altogether, but they are not sure if they can do it on their own authority. And so, they call "Moscow" and they find out that it is for (I quote) "International Number 1" to decide. And somehow that "International Number 1" decides and they allow the Tu-154 to attempt landing, thus proving that someone wanted that plane to crash or at the very least that the ATCs actions were as compromised by the politics same as the PICs actions.

So now, the big question is who that "International Number 1" is and to try to solve that puzzle they got some spooks involved. (See where it is going yet?). Now, that is actually a funny task as they FIRED all the Polish military spooks after they decided that since way too many of them had at least some training in Soviet Union they were damaged goods. Anyway, they are HOPING that they will uncover that this "International Number 1" is some big FSB boss in charge of the dirty work, you see. What's even dumber is the fact that they discuss these plans openly in all the media.

The enthusiasm of the followers of that story got a little cold shower when one of those "damaged goods" ex military spooks pointed out that "International number 1" might actually be… the shorthand (their early informal call sign) for Polish-Air-Force 1-0-1 (aka the Tu-154 that crashed). As in – it is for Kaczynski to decide if he wants to try to land or not.

Nothing would crash Kaczynski supporters' ego more than the realization that FSB didn't even care if Kaczynski came or didn't, and so the FSB never even assigned anyone to oversee the visit. Still, the end result would be something like this: "How DARE you not assign FSB to handle the visit??? Maybe if you did, the plane would not try to land." And so, the games continue.

The only thing that keeps me sane is knowing that it isn’t only Poland that has stupid politicians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGBjj3mxrSY