PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DERRY/LONDONDERRY
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 12:00
NorthernCounties

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks CU for the figures!

Strong growth on last year for a majority of the routes. Do we know why B'ham fell this year?

Obviously there are 60,000 passengers being lost due to Ryanair's apprehension to operating a second Stansted flight!

One possible hope for Derry is that after the Road Cuts of yesterday, the A5 has been saved in favour of the A6 improvements (which has been postponed until 2015 - preconstruction work is to continue though). This should help improve LDY sphere of influence to the likes of Omagh and perhaps as far a field as Monaghan.

My hope for 2011 is that Ryanair announces a second flight to Stansted. Flybe come on board with at least two routes. We see the return of Alicante and possible addition of Malaga. (However, I'd prefer Ibiza or the Canaries as they would be bolstered by Teenage getaways.) If this happened, and yes I'm being optimistic, we could easily see Annual Pax at 500k+ next year.

I still believe that with the right routes in the future, LDY could easily sustain 1 Million... Time will tell though.