PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai / UAE
Thread: Dubai / UAE
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2011, 04:11
Red Dragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The justification for a payrise is clear and I agree with you, but that's not the point. A nil payrise may be what we end up with but it wasn't what Serco has requested. If we end up with nothing it's because there's no money to give, irrespective of how many more movements or passengers are moving through the airport. Deserving it and the abililty to pay it are two completely unconnected issues. Emirates are clearly making huge profits if they are to be believed, but we don't share in any of that and why should we? Is the airport making similar profits?..don't know and I don't think it's operated in that way either. Much of their funding comes from the ministry of finance and if they are asking for cost reductions across the board due to the extremely poor financial state of affairs (well documented) then what to do?

As I said before....a little big picture thinking would go a long way and try to accept that much of this is outside the control of the company that you so easily criticise when things are less than perfect. Anyone who's been around here for a while will know that things come around eventually and as with any industry you just have to ride out the bad times.