PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai / UAE
Thread: Dubai / UAE
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2011, 18:45
Guy D'ageradar

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Point missed by quite some distance I fear Guy.
Not at all buddy. I completely agree. Kind of like the blatant lies about never allowing the same conditions to recurr when the last payrise came around - and that's before we start talking about accomodation allowances and associated rumours!

So for the guys in UK and elsewhere post 9/11 when the traffic figures dropped off and the airlines were suffering the controllers should have had a pay cut then?
As I remember, I went without a payrise for something around 3 years at that point, with a minimal (and short-term) decrease in traffic levels (with continually increasing cost of living) - before a significant increase. Do you think they increased the salaries proportionately - not likely!

Regardless of the position you're looking from, I think that asking anyone to handle 30+ percent more traffic, (notwithstanding the greatly increased complexity re SJ and DWC) for the same salary as 2 years ago, while simultaneously crowing about best ever profits is, at best, shortsighted - we could all go a lot further.

TTFN

Guy.