PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mega Merged: REX Recruitment/Cadetship and Working for REX
Old 14th Jan 2011, 15:38
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hate to sound blunt or cynical but any degree in aviation other than aerospace engineering will not help with gaining work in any field. No one in aviation management roles have aviation degrees, they have business or commerce degrees. Degrees related to the job of management, not its content.

If one day, like in other countries, degrees are required for airline work, it may be advantageous; however as means only to hold a piece of paper saying you attended uni. As to actually assisting with getting the job, a BA of English is as useful.

I would strongly recommend using any credits he has to transfer into a real science course or if he enjoys business, then that; while commencing his practical aviation training. He has 17.5 weeks off per year, that is ample time to complete both together.

If my kids cant be convinced otherwise (I wouldn't try very hard because I do enjoy my job) this is the path I want them to take. Safe, secure and allows them to follow their ambitions without feeling trapped in their decisions, which is what kills the passion.