PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet passengers told 'get off the plane or you will be arrested'
Old 14th Jan 2011, 09:00
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What I care about is the response from the business once the cock up takes place.
Absolutely! This is what "Customer Service" should be all about. But unfortunately, too many companies employ inexperienced and very junior staff to work in this area. They fail to give them any authority or support to solve customer service problems and their managers hide in offices far away from the front line. The only solution is to "fight" noisily in the media and make the culprits spend a fortune in compensation and marketing.

My own company works reasonably well until it is overloaded. Then, those at the front of the queue get excellent service, those in the middle get appropriate service and then unfortunately, those at the rear are left to fume. When they do get to the front, they get handled by tired and tetchy staff, get the scraps from table and don't walk away satisfied. The spare capacity has already been used up looking after those who were in the front of the queue. My company are acutely aware that this is a problem and are working on a solution. I just hope they do it quickly.