PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VirginBlue Roster
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2002, 00:48
airbrake42

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It sounds very much like the honey moon is over. Pretty girls with attitude and shiney brand new jets, which after a week are old again, means **** when you compare it to life style.
The money is OK if you compare it to a school teacher BUT a school teacher doesn't spen 13 nights a month away from their family, simchecks and medicals every yr!!

A QF baggae person earns more than a VB F/O and almost as much as a VB Captain. A QF F/A earns more than a VB F/O.
I don't think a pohm witha big mouth ( and a billion $$$ in his pocket) will be able to convince you guys that you should take it up the arse, for the good of the company for too much longer even spruce duck has too wake up and smell the roses sooner or later and realise that life style is more important than sucking up to the boss for recognition and get a real job or demand real conditions than his current one!

VB has catered for a bunch of out of work ANSETT pilots, pilots who want to return home, GA guys and dreamers who initially would accept these conditions. I don't think a $50 bonus at the end of the year, whoopy, makes up for the $100,000 below equivalant airlines year round. I can't see you guys accepting those condition for the rest of your lives. You may as well be O/S earning good money as spending 13 days a month in ****ty little hotels for 10 hrs and then back in the jockey seat.

Time will tell