PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dolce Vita!!!
Thread: Dolce Vita!!!
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2011, 08:20
atcsstudent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"what is the attitude of local atcos to expat atcos "
Personally I wouldn't like expats to come right now, we are having great problems with our ANSP, and if you come you are helping them to continue harrasing us as much as they can. So it is not the best moment, I'm sorry.
When things calm down, and everything it's on his path, where it has to be, there will be no problem, you will be more than welcome.
Coming now is supporting AENA and the Spanish government pressure to us, saying to them "well done" (but oh don't ever do it to me). If you support them what's happening to us it will soon happen to you and I do not wish it at all.
So this is my opinion and I think most of us think the same.

- Salary, monthly, 3000-7000€, depends on posting and years on the job.
- Roster, initially 4 on 2 off (the first off is after a night shift that ends at 8am), but if you are needed your second day off, no problem, you are forced to go (or if not disciplinary measures will fall on you). I'll tell you, in July and August (both together) I only had 4 days off, so if you think this is great....
-Traffic regulations when sectors are overloaded, bufff, we do not now what regulations are now. Not operational staff neither controllers are now in charge of this so just imagine yourself.......
Regards.