PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways DEP Selection - THE lowdown Part 1
Old 14th Jan 2011, 08:06
Chief Brody

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
January 2011 Outgoings

NB: Some items on the list are split with the my other half (eg tv licence, council tax etc etc)

525 Flying Loan (only 4 more years to pay - 6 paid so far)
505 Mortgage + Home Insurance (mortgage = 800, I pay 5 Mrs Brody pays 3)
240 Petrol
150 Food / household bits n bobs (other half pays a further 150 = 300 for total bill for the month,)
124 25000 mile car service
100 Golf club membership
60 Council tax
50 Gas, water, electric
33 House Phone + Internet
33 Balpa
30 Gym membership
22 Car Insurance
20 Monthly golf lesson
19 6 monthly car tax (113)
18 Hair Cut
18 Mobile phone
10 International Animal Rescue
6 TV Licence
5 5 x iTunes
5 RAC membership
5 Pet insurance

What follows is not attempting to rub anyone up the wrong way - just me being honest about my life.

I should bring home about 3800, above adds up to about 2000. Wow 1800 surplus you say - true, I did say it was a good wage for a Y3 FO - but as I also said, it would soon go if you threw in 500 a month for a decent car repayment or a credit card bill for a 4 grand Omega watch etc etc.

I prefer to do different things with my money...

Ive got three holidays planned for 2011 - New York, New Zealand and a golf trip with pals to Spain, plus a mini cruise to Brugge on the Oriana. Saving to buy a bigger house (we currently live in a very pleasant shoe box) as Mrs Brody is starting to get broody - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH. We eat out about 3 times a month. Go to the cinema about twice. There's always bloody vet bills for our brown and white **** machine and so on it goes...

I'll say again - I did say it was a good wage, just a word to the wise: be careful. A fool and his money are easily parted.

Also, lets not forget that the top 2 items on that list will increase as the BOE base rate does. Also, if/when some babinos arrive my other half will probably take the better part of a year off - therefore no splitting of bills for the that period.

CB

Last edited by Chief Brody; 14th Jan 2011 at 09:38.