PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PA Announcements
View Single Post
Old 14th Jan 2011, 05:51
Wannabe Flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PA announcements interrupt the in flight entertainment and often times causes the show you are watching to reset to the beginning or you miss a scene from what you are watching.

Announcements are important for safety at the beginning and during the flight, if they are about the flight.

On a recent 2 hour flight there was an announcement every 7 to 10 minutes during the flight of which only once was it to return to the seats for safety reasons.

I heard about the owners favorite charity, his expansion plans and how signing up for his blinking frequent flyer program will earn me brownie points. Once the on board shopping opened then a countdown kept coming to tell us how we were missing out on the shopping.

Out of frustration i ripped of my headphones and chose to read magazine laced with similar advertisements.

Why have live TV individual screens and 100 channels to choose from if you cannot watch more than 5 straight minutes with it being interrupted.

NOTE: Nothing against the safety calls, but Pi$##d off with the other stuff that keeps interrupting my down time

Is there not a better way to market and hawk and pat yourself on the back without interrupting the show