PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Canada says the UAE is acting like a pompous thug says Colin Kenny
Old 14th Jan 2011, 01:54
Schibulsky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We should stop bitching about how many flights there are to any particular airport/region.
The main issue:
On one hand we have airlines that are competing as a private company in a global market...on the other hand state sponsored/owned airlines who dont give a fcuk about consumers choices, it's all about profit.
Who are the UAE customers anyway? They really don't have a substantial local market, they leech from global transport demand due to their geo-strategical location between the big markets.
They are the sharks in the tank, so if other airlines are asking for some protection from their government its just fair...after all its the tax paying employees that are at stake.
The leaders in the Gulf exploited their oil reserves in the past by playing the rest of the world...don't let them get away with the next scheme...
Btw. I am a fan of (fair) global trade, i am doing it right now...and the countries I import to slap a 20% import duty on my products...fair? I dont really know, but it's their countries and their choice...and it's their own people who they have to look after!!
Living in a 3rd world country shows me everyday how the multinational corporations flood the markets with bottled water, milk powder, junk food and all the "blessings of civilization"...and destroying local markets!!
Anyway it's understandable that pilots working in the UAE support their masters: dont bite the hands...
just my two rupia ...now I really have to hurry to make my tee time...