PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a dying breed of Airman / Pilot for airlines?
Old 14th Jan 2011, 00:45
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John: too true, and you'll see all too often on 11+ pages of this thread the same theme. I trust you please took the time to read all that has transpired. Nearly all contribute constructively, only this one person has turned it into a nasty environment. And true, my reactions do not assist. Please note in a recent post for my attempt to even settle things down. Guppy's contribution was, as predicable, demeaning and nasty for no reason. It's just the type of person he is.

Play the ball not the man, yes. There's also something to be said for fighting fire with fire. He's thrown too many deliberate and low punches for a very long time.

It was written earlier that people do become passionate about things in aviation and this forum. I'm guilty of that. One man, Guppy, has chosen to belittle, abuse and ridicule on a habitual basis without the experience in some fields or knowledge to do so. He plays on words or twists them to a meaning that are or were never intended only so he can attempt to satisfy a self righteousness. When repeatedly called a liar (and failed CX cadet, then aggressive Capt, then back to being a failed cadet again) simply because he interprets something differently to me, and others, then he deserves the reaction he gets and exposure of the past he possesses.

I started this thread as I too saw this topic important and worth discussing. Nearly everyone else agrees as well, but only Guppy labels it all lies, and me a liar. Yep - that'll raise emotions.

I hope it could get back on track again, as it has a few times until drawn into the sewer again by the one person, Guppy, time after time. I stayed away when he did do this, then joined back in when things seemed on track again, when some professional airman constructively contributed. Then as his overwhelming past on this forum bears witness to; Guppy turns it nasty and hence the strong reactions surface.

If the Moderators wish to step in, then please do! We could bring educated and professional debate back to the table.

Last edited by TopTup; 14th Jan 2011 at 01:47.