PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA/FAA question
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 23:19
MagnusW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes this is exactly my issue. I do have the JAA ppl, so that made the school-choosing process easier (and i'd rather fly in california than florida) - hence AAA. The good thing about this was being able to get the JAA CPL/ME and the FAA IR, which after those 15 hours would be good for me. But now since the CAA are involved (i need valid atpl-exams to get the CPL!?), the CAA has to acknowladge my test results.

But what if all goes well, won't i then have JAA IR, but CAA CPL/ME? how would those transfer for swedish use? would i have to convert them back in sweden? it's all a mess now huh. (i don't expect you guys to have the latest on swedish aviation rules..)

B2N2, yeah i sent both caa and the swedes an email, but none of them are very fast workers i guess. 2-3 weeks for a reply? just hoped someone here would have any useful info that would speed things up for me (i've just been sitting on my ass since i passed the exams in december, waiting to be able to see the cali sun again.)

zondaracer, yes scandinavia would seem like the obvious choice! i didnt get a reply from them yet though, and it doesn't seem like they provide separated courses. it might be worth another try though.