PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 21:24
SadPole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kulverstukas, criss

I read whole polish paper. It's even more funny - they make the resolution, that because (in their opinion) weather was worse minima at Yak-40 arrival already, ATC MUST been sent them to go around, then do the same to Il-76. THEN Tu-154 will take the order for go around seriously and ta-dam! all will be saved.
That, unfortunately, is their whole "point", and this is why they hang onto that nonsense that it was all Russian-military procedure flight (where the pilot has to follow all orders and military ATC can order them to get lost) and not a civilian flight in accordance with international aviation rules, under which the pilot cannot be ordered by ATC not to land. Nobody at the right mind can imagine how that "by Russian military rules" cooperation would look like. I mean, by these rules the Russians could/should now court martial the Yak plane pilot that landed contrary to ATC recommendations/orders.

On top of it, they now want ICAO to arbitrate based on that nonsense. Meaning, ICAO now arbitrates over Russian military procedures??? I hope ICAO does not let itself be dragged into this nonsense and simply states that there is nothing to arbitrate about because if the flight was by ICAO rules, the pilots screwed up, if it was by military rules, ICAO is not a body to ask for arbitration. The only reason for this possible "arbitration" issue is playing that crap for the purposes of politics forever.

All I can say about it is what I said months ago here on this issue:

In a way, this catastrophe shows that Solidarity uprising was yet another vulgar Marxist revolution that put Polish "Forest Gumps" in charge. And yes, it is safe to say that these people are idiots and there will be hell to pay when everyone finally realizes that.
Note it hurts me (a Pole) to say that in an international forum, but this is least I can do to limit damage that is being done.