PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BRISTOL - 4
Thread: BRISTOL - 4
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 21:20
MerchantVenturer

Brunel to Concorde

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Summer 2011

Bratislava is no longer shown as bookable for summer 2011. Rimini and Porto have also gone since I did my count up last week, vide #1676.

I said at the time that it was a work in progress and to expect more alterations. I remember doing a similar exercise last winter for summer 2010 and the differing versions of the timetable came thick and fast then.

Funnily enough last year Rimini kept appearing and disappearing in the timetable but it has now gone from the drop-down list as well so it's probably gone for real this year.

What is new though, and if it remains it is a typical Ryanair joust, is the return to DUB of 3 x daily every day including Saturdays and Sundays; it was only 2 x daily with 3 x daily on Mondays and Fridays only on the timetable last week. No doubt a marker set down for Aer Lingus/Aer Arann - I doubt that many will believe all these seats on BRS-DUB will be sustainable - 6 x daily between the two airlines!

Bratislava is a surprise as last year's summer monthly load factors from May to September were respectively 88%, 88%, 92%, 94% and 88%.

Just shows again that high loads don't always mean sustainable routes.

Porto's best month was August with 89%, otherwise it was around the 80% range so not quite so surprising whilst Rimini was a bit of a dog with its best month being August at 85%.

This may be something like the final version now because a Ryanair spokewoman told the local press a couple of weeks ago that there would be 26 destinations in summer 2011 and that's what the current timetable is showing. Will have to wait and see.