PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 19:52
Dick Smith

Received 74 Likes on 29 Posts
Like This

The reason I go into the Anzac march each year is that I respect those who have risked their lives to ensure that I and others have the freedoms that some of us take for granted.

Freedoms like being able to. "say it how it is" about important issues.

For example I was one of the few who spoke publically about the shocking public waste of the Seasprite $1.2 billion stuff up. Note that no one responsible in the military has been held accountable or even identified.

No doubt most of that money went to the USA and meant less for Military families here.

This no doubt means nothing has been learnt and is probably about to be repeated with the JSF. Project.

I have been working on this issue for 28 years. Some real successes when it comes to civilian ATC procedures and airspace. Imagine if non radar airspace at places like Coffs Harbour still went out to 19 nm at ground level or if ATC's still had to procedurally separate VFR helicopters from each other!

When it comes to the military leadership they have lied by stating they will embrace modern procedures that have been proven safe but then do zero.

There must be something drastically wrong with the system in relation to advancement and this must result in the troops being constantly let down.