PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet Airways Trainee First Officer
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 16:43
piper_cherokee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The other thread http://www.pprune.org/south-asia-far...ssment-gd.html has a lot of information about the process.

Written
It had 5 different tests each lasted around 45 minutes if i remember correctly. And there was a break of 15 minutes between tests. There were 3 Aptitude Test papers and 2 Aviation Knowledge based. The 1st aptitude test had IQ based questions.The 2nd had Multiple Answer questions which were based on imagining and folding 2-D figures to make 3-D figures and then choose the correct options.Many people messed up in this one as they thought only 1 option was correct.The 3rd paper was kind of testing English where statements were given and matching option was to be chosen.The 2 Aviation based tests had 40% of technical questions based on Aerodynmics and other basic technical subject and 40% Navigation and 20% comprised of Met,Regs and 1-2 questions on Jet engine.

Group Discussion
There were 5 rounds again in this one.You were divided in teams(4 guys each team) and then each round you had 2 teams i.e., 8 guys sitting together and doing the discussion. The topics were all based on Aviation except one round . They had a debate for sure everyday. I had it on Fly by wire. Then they had one non aviation round based on Survival in case of Air crash in Mountains/Desert/island, and you were given a list of items and you had to decide and conclude that what priority will you give to each item.Then one round was on Air crash. Where you were given and Air crash report and you had to discuss and decide what caused the Air Crash.

Interview
They asked questions mainly from Technical and Performance part and a few personal questions.The panel had 3 pilots and 1 HR manager.

IPT
They make you do it on a Fixed Base Simulator or FTD for B737-400. Generally you are asked to fly VOR approaches,holdings,published missed approach and radial intercepts . All on VOR itself. No NDBs . Very few were asked to fly ILS approach. The examiner makes you read the approach plate briefing and fly at the same time.Not to worry about how to fly a 737. Everything is on Auto Pilot. You just need to change the heading and course knobs and let your examiner know about what altitude you want and he may ask you sometimes the ROD you want. You need to have RMI knowledge so practice that. Practice on Chennai,Mumbai,Ahmedabad,Delhi for sure.

That's all i can recall right now. Will update if i remember anything later.

All the best guys!!