PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dubai / UAE
Thread: Dubai / UAE
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 16:11
Red Dragon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The fickleness of people never ceases to amaze me. Everyone was more than happy when the big payrise came in but now that there's no money around for ANYONE the whinging starts. Who hasn't heard of friends or friends of friends losing their jobs and their livelyhood during the last 18 months.

Try getting out there and comparing what you're on and the benefits you get and see how much sympathy you get from others in this city...or don't you have any friends outside of work? Then remember what you'd be left with back home after the mortgage and everything else.

Time to be grateful for what you have rather than exercising the one human feature that brought the city to its knees....greed. Everyone deserves to be rewarded for what they do, but a bit more 'big picture' thinking would go a long way right now.

Oh, and I'll think you'll find that it's not the way Serco runs things....it's any business. Supply and demand. Sure things fell behind back then and it got to meltdown stage, but look at where we are now. Maybe I'm wrong, but compared to a lot of people around here I'm pretty happy that I haven't got an axe over my head, I can pay the bills and live a pretty good life. And that's in the bad times.

It's also not the case that Serco doesn't need to award a payrise. One was applied for that was reasonable given the circumstances, but if DA aren't getting one and all departments are required to cut costs - how's a payrise gonna look?