PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Polish Presidential Flight Crash Thread
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 15:32
andrasz

Received 13 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Golf-Sierra
One thing makes me wonder about the report though - the Russians are very scrupulous in quoting the reference and date of all documents received from the Polish side regarding the flight prep - with the exception of the refulsal to have the navigator-leader. When did the Poles refuse? How was this communicated?
I believe (but I'm sure this will be never confirmed nor denied by either side) we can read between the lines. The navigator was clearly offered as per the provisions of the Russian AIP. I suspect someone from the environment of the 'main passenger' (even he himself) thought this to be offensive (why should WE have a russian on board to tell us what to do...), and either actively or passively declined (passively being taking no action for this to happen, without saying no). The Russians, well aware of the tensions and implications (see the 'main passenger's refusal to attend the memorial together with Russian officials) did not press the matter, and quietly ignored this AIP requirement. As a face saving exercise for both sides, the details of the exchanged communicatuon (or the lack of them, with the implicit approval to 'bend' rules) were quietly ommitted from the report.

Sounds plausible ?