PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rumour: Sunstate Engineers suspended over aircraft sabotage?
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:29
old_mate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just read this whole thread, 61k for a LAME on a RPT aircraft is horrendous, AND then the airline offers annual wage increases less than CPI, no backpay for new EA etc etc. Good thing I left mainline flying rat as soon as I got my trade cert a few years back, even then as a fresh faced AME i knew the industry would soon.

Sad to think these days i cruise around in a company ute on far better dollars than these blokes and I don't have any aircraft or part thereof to certify. No lives to worry about except my own. I do find it amusing the ALAEA can admit noone can afford a walkout yet I have been involved in two spontaneous walkouts under the ETU within the last 12 months and all i copped was the docking of half day's pay and the good feeling of showing up to work the next day with issue's we walked out over resolved. It's a different world when your employer values you and the work you do, union member or not.

Oh and Bigdog01 you can refer to me as Littledog i suppose