PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Iran: UAE evacuation plan.
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:13
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the israelis refuse to form the Palestinian estate and keep on with the settlements that could well happen.

The israeli lobbies everywhere would have to work real hard to avoid it.

I think they are making a lot of mistakes, the israelis. They can't expect the palestinians to forget their aspirations and their rights, nor they can genocide them. Seems as if they have decided for apartheid. But we all know how apartheid ended in South Africa. I don't think the israelis would like to have the equivalent to Mandela as Israel's president in the year 2030.

The power of the Israeli lobby is causing harm to Israel, instead of the opposite. But being so powerful, I doubt any significant western countries are going to recognise a unilaterally declared Palestinian state. It will have a cost for those lobbies, however, and is a good move on the part of the palestinians, I think. And they can always try again in the future.

The question is what will happen with Iran and its nuclear ambitions. So far, instead of an air raid, a virus and selective assassinations are delaying their program. But will they attack with the F-22s?

Seems very likely to me, and for sure the iranians are preparing for it. If they can't avoid the attacks due to the israeli air superiority, they can always take hostages or even attack the gulf states in retaliation.

How nice!