PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pax Briefing Tips
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 13:09
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fuji

Ok maybe slightly different taking some PAX on a nice day for a short flight to get an aerial view of their homes but PAX can be very different and we do need to be aware that what we see as fun maybe silent terror for them.
I can remember a few years back collecting 2 business ladies from Germany.
The flight over to the UK was uneventful flown IFR airways at around FL100 both ladies were happy.
The return was a different picture. a front had moved in with embedded Cbs in an overcast and a 700 ft cloudbase.
I had to climb to FL130 to get on top of the main cloud and to eyeball the CBs. The main cloudtops increased forcing a further climb and the instructions to fit oxygen masks.
The one lady was happy the other appeared happy. Levelling at FL190 with no possibility of a descent the one lady starting complaining that she could not breath and started to hyperventilate.
We cleared the front and I took a descent at the earliest possible to FL100.
The one woman refused to remove her oxygen mask as if she would die if she did.
The whole point of light GA is that the PAX are very much part of what is going on so I would agree that a briefing in all reality is an ongoing thing.
Watch out for PAX who are normally bubbly who go silent or for silent ones who go hyper.

Fuji in response to your comments but not directed at you

Pace