PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rocky Airport to go Under
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 10:47
running_guns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh Deary Me!
had to sign up when i heard about this one!
class D procedural requirements take a bit of understanding. If you bother to ask around perhaps even ring the tower, (MK,RK,SU etc) you will get an idea of why things happen the way they do. They have some of the most restrictive standards to work with. So when your chieftain takes 8 miles to reach 1500ft and other inbound traffic are trying to let down, things get tricky son.I guess its easy to slate the hell out of someone on these threads as you and others have done without worrying about the consequences. Those few days leading up to the floods were the busiest on recent record. Many of the GA specials all departing to the same place at the same time at the same level.....throw some rotary traffic who cant work out their East from the West and all of a sudden the sole controller ,(yes they often work alone in Class D twrs) will be very busy.
Sometimes things dont go to plan...suck it up thats life. There are many other controllers in that tower, dont go and pick an easy target. You didnt mention the one with the gruff voice did you...or the softly spoken gentleman.
Wally,...you have been around the traps long enough to be more mature about this..grow up!!
Before the panel of experts tries to nut this one out: I dont work for ASA. I fly for one of the biggest carriers in the country. I get stuffed around all the time as well. But I'm not immune to stuffing up myself, Have your estimates ever been a tad wrong?? believe me...a minute or so makes quite a difference. If you have ever flown in europe and cross position x at the wrong time...all hell breaks loose and you'll know about it. so really it aint to bad here.
Lose the attitude.....ring up next time if you want to know why you held longer, or decended later....there is always a very good reason.
Peace,
RG