PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAR.OPS-3 vs EU-OPS
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 10:05
mortennb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question JAR.OPS-3 vs EU-OPS

Hoping for different opinions and clarification.
RW is currently flying under both national and JAR-OPS 3 regulations.
If I understand correctly there will be no replacement for JAR-OPS 3 but subparts that includes all operators, and will take effect on April 8th 2012?

The next stage: Part-OPS
Part-OPS will cover all ‘Air Operations’ and will have four sub parts as follows:
Sub Part A OPS.GEN applicable to all Operators
Sub Part B OPS.CAT specific to Commercial Air Transport (CAT)
Sub Part C OPS.COM specific to Commercial Operations other than CAT, i.e. Aerial Work
Sub Part D OPS.SPA covering all operations requiring a special approval and applicable to all Operators as required

Each Sub Part will be based upon the IR’s which are progressively being developed and it has been announced by EASA that it will take effect on 8 April 2012, on which date EU-OPS will be repealed.

Changes?

I am currently working onshore utility. I got my JAA IFR rating in 2009 and are curious about moving into and IR job eventually. So I am looking into the EU-OPS to see if it will affect the job market due to change in regulations and duty time. I have spoken to multiple experienced pilots, as well as employees of CAA.

In some countries in Europe they still fly single pilot, multi engine, IFR HEMS. I’ve been told they are flying on an” approved exemption” approved by the national CAA authority. They call it HEMS Crew. ATPL pilot with rescue personnel, who has minimum PPL-H theory.

Most of the people I have spoken to says they believe that when EU-OPS-3 or equlent comes into effect, they will be more strict on making exemptions like this. And maybe they will require all HEMS operations to be multi pilot crews. This would mean a major change at least in my country.
Also would like to hear of any other major change if anyone knows.

Thx.