PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Williamtown Procedures
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 10:01
world traveler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dick, you also have to remember that at the end of the day you are also listening to one frequency. You cant be sure as to what other traffic was around. I am guilty of bitching about the controller having no traffic on freq and having me hold, later to find out that another frequency/controller was working their butt off.

I will agree that in the 13 years of my flying into RAAF bases, the standard of controlling at RAAF airfields seems to be falling. It seems that - and this is only my view - as you pointed out, recruitment may be tough for the RAAF and they are now letting through the ATC school pretty much anyone that applies for an ATC job these days. This would explain some of the local procedures that seem a bit "unusual" (keeping it simple), as opposed to the standards that are uniform in any class C. For any RAAFIE reading this, you know that if you graduated more than 2 years ago, you truely deserved your wings to control....

Might i also add, everyone knows your callsigns, and if you keep posts like this going i cant see you getting a lot of help getting any track shortening.