PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2011, 01:00
Icarus2001

Received 250 Likes on 108 Posts
I understand your point. If you have been around avaition for 46 years you would know very well that it is FULL of inconsistencies. The fact that a "vanishingly small" number of ABF pilots can fly in CTA, for short periods in lets face it, controlled situations (no pun intended) is very different to allowing any RAA pilot with a CTA endorsement into CTA.

I do not have an ideological issue with allowing this to happen. My point is that anyone starting to learn to fly NOW knows the rules of the game and so cannot bleat about being hard done by. By all means complain to your local federal member (yeah right) but it will not change.

The ridiculous and inconsistent attitude shown by government to "ultralights" is best shown by the fact that they used to be told, never fly above 500 feet agl, now they are told never fly below 500' agl. An obvios 180degree change in policy.

Of course an RAA pilot could be trained to fly in CTA. Perhaps the thought of medically unchecked people flying over capital cities bothers someone, perhaps people putting unapproved fuel or oil lines on their engine and then flying over a city bothers someone, I don't know. Either of these things can happen in a"GA" aircraft I know.

I think you guys need to pick your fights. I don't think this one is a winner.