PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed wing microlight training near Luton
Old 12th Jan 2011, 22:07
zeddie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with everything thats been said. IanPZ, yes this is for now just my gut decision.. but also a decision made based on advice I got from a lot of people who have already flown in the eurostar from this forum as well as colleagues and friends. After the trial flight I will know firstly if I enjoy flying in that aircraft.. If thats a then I will see if I am happy with the instructor as well. I realise I need to get on with him/her for me to benefit fully. Both of those are key factors right now for me. Fenland Flyer, thats a very good point too about the social side of things. I never thought about that before so I will try and get more information from the clubs about that.

At the moment I have a trial lesson with flycb peterborough on sat (weather permitting) and then another one next week at exodus airsports. I will make the choice after the 2 lessons to go with one of these 2 schools. There is another place which Alan mentioned but its looking unlikely because they do not train in microlights.

I will always listen to the advice of the experienced people here such as genghis et al. Theres no doubt about that, and I want to thank all of you again for taking the time to help me. Im taking everything in believe me! I think as IanPZ said, I want to get my own experience in the trials first and see if I am also blown away like he was.. If I feel like a schoolboy again.. if I also have the desire to go back and do it once more.