PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed wing microlight training near Luton
Old 12th Jan 2011, 21:30
IanPZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got to admit Genghis is spot on, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

When I was looking for what I wanted to learn in, and where, I was looking at instructors (did I feel I got on with them) and planes. I was completely wowed by the eurostar, in comparison to not just other microlights, but cessnas etc.

is this the right decision? For now, yes. The right decision is the one that makes me want to go back. Will this be the right decision in 10 lessons time? Who knows, but I can make that decision then. The one thing I was sure of is that at the very beginning, before I have any knowledge of planes, feel for them, etc, the one thing that mattered to me was whether I wanted to go back for the next lesson, and still felt like a schoolboy!

Beyond that, I suspect that I will end up leaning towards something older once I know better. I regularly read posts by a Rans S6 flyer (is it Andrew?) and that he makes it sound like that is the right thing for me in the end.

But hey, whats wrong with making a decision on gut feel if it engages you?

I know one thing. Once I have more experience, I will be coming back to this forum, looking for advice from people like Genghis, Rod1, rans6andrew etc, (all who are VERY sound in their outlook, give good advice, and should be listened to) but for now, I'm happy!

IPZ