PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any recruitment likely at Easy?
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2011, 21:06
turbine100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would hope Easyjet would open up and allow for direct applications rather than via CTC or Oxford Cadets on the Parc deal for those of us who have some experience, not always on type or jets.

What about equal opportunties for direct applications and job advertisments, it almost seems illegal that you have go via CTC as a cadet / ATP or Oxford schemes.

I am personally frustrated like many others that have trained either modular or at integrated schools that these organisations (CTC / Oxford), become a road block for us to start our careers or move into once we have gained some proper experience at this end of the market.

BALPA should be challenging these schemes, organisations and if possible pointing out pilot positions or job advertisements should be advertised for equal opportunties as some of it must have some legalities for those pilot cadets or less experienced to be able to apply direct to organisations such as Easyjet in court if their were good legal grounds.

Separately, one would also assume if you are a contract pilot to Easyjet or Ryanair, gaining a roster and having clauses of not flying for others in your contract to get your 900 hours. You would be deemed an employee in a court of law if challenged.

This is the only profession I know of where you are expected to pay a large sum of money for type training to gain employment and work on a companies aircraft. You would not get that in other large industries put on the employee.