PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair-Questions, comments, bouquets & brickbats (Merged) II
Old 12th Jan 2011, 20:59
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Well, KBPsen, I think that you are true that no one conned him but what appears to be the seat of the problem is not being told of the change. With that, I am in full sympathy with the OP as I've had the same same problem when travelling on FR and VS - and I was paying full whack. Whilst I will say - you have to check - we ought NOT to have to check because the carrier could tell us. We had a long debate about this and BA last year in this forum.

The irritation is:-
  1. Carrier requires your email address to book.
  2. Carrier sends confirmation and e-ticket to your email address.
  3. Carrier changes time and .... does not have their computer send out emails to all the pax who have booked that flight.
  4. If the time of travel is near - they could send an SMS.
  5. They have a cheap technical solution to their PR problem and the greatest majority of them don't use it.
  6. They are downright stupid. Their marketing managers should have asked the IT dept to fix it ten years ago.
  7. The IT dept should have prepared the fix and offered it to mgmt ten years ago!! After all, in 2003, I was advising a small town council how they could communicate better with their residents through two-way sms and NOT the dreadful Press-1 to listen to music systems that airlines still cling on to.