PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK A340 vs Ethiopian 777
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2011, 18:34
MATMAX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Oblaaspop,
"no engineer is allowed to TAXI an aircraft." , sorry but you are wrong , it is usually a one day course , whom is also 147 approved ...
It is the same in the US , as i remember had seen guys from Delta , few years ago , pushing back the A/C out the hangar , then run the engines and bring the A/C to the departure spot ...
Whats the point of having somebody on the pedals ?
Of course , as you know , there are shearing pins in all tow bars , so what will be the next step in a case of a sheared pin ?
FYI , most of the tugs , everywhere in the world , are not equipped with radios.
Who is taking care of the frequencies ?
Back to the thread , few months ago , in ADD , there was a 747 from Orient Thai (i guess ex-BA A/C) parked , i suppose , at the spot where the T7 from ET was.
I guess that now , some of you , will remember an Engineer there and what he was saying and most important , was doing...
I am not putting myself forward but my point is that i am always thinking twice before doing something , do you follow Gents ?

Anyway , as i said at the beginning of this thread , there are no marks on the ground at the spots in ADD.