PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed wing microlight training near Luton
Old 12th Jan 2011, 13:07
Genghis the Engineer

Received 48 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by zeddie
Not dismissing the bedford microlight centre for any other reason other than the fact that they dont have one of the more modern microlights such as the eurostar. Really not too keen on flying the thruster..Im sure they are a lovely bunch. I guess I just have my mind set on the eurostar now.

Which is exactly why most schools now are using something like a Eurostar, C42, CT or Dynamic. Not because they're better aeroplanes (although they're all perfectly good aeroplanes) but because they look new and shiny, and this appeals more to people who don't know much about aeroplanes so can only go on "does it look like a real aeroplane".

I think I've flown most of the more modern microlight aeroplanes - certainly everything that's been discussed in this thread so far, as well as a wide range of light aeroplanes. I choose with my own money for fun mostly to fly a really basic early Thruster. It's cheaper, handles well, and is virtually unbreakable. To be fair, the newer T600N Thrusters are much better aeroplanes than that, but I really wouldn't put much in terms of flying or learning quality and enjoyment between that and the "hot ships".

G