PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a dying breed of Airman / Pilot for airlines?
Old 12th Jan 2011, 11:17
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Forest]Guppy: At best you are a sanctimonious arrogant self opinionated conceited fool. Even when trying to dilute the aggression existing between yourself, myself and the numerous here you seek to fire it up.

No one, least of all me EVER stated the cadets at or going to CX are of a poor quality. Lesser experience, yes. That's pretty obvious to anyone with an open mind and able to participate in a basic human dialogue. You actively seek to promote your own agenda - to hell with the facts borne from others' experience and knowledge. From experience I KNOW that the training at CX is some of the best I have seen from experience (to varying degrees) in safety and training departments in the US, Asia, India and Europe. Stop creating dirt to throw.

Airlines have the right to choose whom they hire, when and where. It's their bat and ball. CX offered candidates a job they did not interview for (DESO vs Cadet) and on 50% less package. Of the 60, 1 accepted. That speaks volumes for the said package offered to experienced applicants. Again, cease creating dirt to throw when your knowledge of the CX recruitment policies and procedures reeks of ignorance.

I edited the original post to reflect what I have stated time and time and time again: you interpreted my post one way, incorrectly. I have tried in vane to reason with you regarding my intentions and opinions. I stand by my original post, as well as the edited WORD I made to make it easy for the slow, more aggressive and simple people to comprehend. I even typed it slow for you.

You are so desperate to ridicule you tried to accused me of being a failed cadet applicant at CX.

You have alluded to your instruction days, in GA, period. From your previous posts and history you are an FO on a freighter with some past background as corporate driver in the ME, as well as GA in the States. No where have you alluded to your qualifications to comment on AIRLINE training, safety departments or interviewing standards, but for the receiving end yourself.

You boast about your own employers >50% failure rate from RHS to LHS, a fact (if true) ANY respectable airline or recruitment and training department would be ashamed of. You are proud of it.

Fella, you call a man a liar. Under the guise of anonymity you are proud of yourself. In a bar you would flat on your arse.

You show your utter ignorance, and try to offer prowess over it, again based on your own cocoon existence. CX has had a cadet program for a long time: offered ONLY to local HK residents. They were/are employed on "local terms" which was void of expat allowances. For the record I was but slightly part of the CX interview and selection processes in the early 90's. I worked with colleagues still there today very senior in the airline. But of course, [Forest]Guppy knows best of what CX recruitment was and where it is now..... As CX have always stated, the expat allowance package is in place as they believe(d) that an expat coming to HK should not suffer a loss of lifestyle in coming to HK. At the beginning of 2009 they changed this to open the doors to non residence: a global pool. They received some 17,000 applicants I believe. Prior to this (2008) they had interviewed and told some 60 pilots they were next to start as DESO's. They changed that policy to only hire cadets who effectively received 50% less salary. While [Forest]Guppy has ZERO knowledge of CX, it's recruitment, it's policies, he deems [quote from previous posts] his opinions to be the only "truth". All others' opinions, evidence and experience mean zero.

Some bought this thread back from the low levels you chased it down to, hence my avoidance to post for some time. As some educated people joined in and contributed professionally, it became worth discussing again. You had to again turn to abuse and ridicule.

As stated by me and others, you're not worth it. Next time you call a man a liar, try doing so without anonymity.

Last edited by TopTup; 12th Jan 2011 at 11:53.