PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ra Aus Not Goming To A Cta Near You
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 23:41
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
XXX;

Check out the BTRE figures for dwindling annual hours flown by private GA. These figures relate to VH registered aircraft. The reduction of those hours is proportional to the increase in RAA hours.

I didn't say RAA adminiser private VH registered GA. How would you assume that?

As for lights, my Sonex has nav lights and it is quiet legal to fly it at night in VFR where I purchased it in Seattle.

Because it has them, doesn't mean I use them in Australia, (where the air and darkness are obviously different), even though I possess a NVFR. It simply doesn't have the required radio nav gear. I also have a PPL which allows me access to CTR, but I don't fly the Sonex there either. I could if I lived at Seattle, but I don't. May I also add, there are many non NVFR aircraft on the Australian (yes VH) register with lights. Many people use them in times of low light just because they are there.

A lot of you have some sort of evil fixation when it comes to your assumptions that everyone is a crook and deliberately flout the law.

I own a model RC helicopter which I chase cats with, therefor I'm a potential criminal waiting for the chance to illegally fly someone's Augusta when he's not looking.

I don't think like you, so don't throw rocks in glass houses.

EDIT to add;

You'd need the full infrastructure for full-blown endorsements and the required changes and costs associated with it.
What tripe! Transitting CTR is what it is all about. Who wants to fly into Sydney in a drifter? How much safer would it be tracking direct over Williamtown in marginal weather than tracking via the inland lane over tiger country.

If you declare an emergency it is possible to fly into a CTR, even Sydney if the need arose, therefor the ability is not limited by physics, but by a piece of paper. What makes a 50 hour PPL any more experienced or educated than a 50 hour RA-Aus pilot. We have already proved there are idiots everywhere, mainly where RPT want to go, but since when was education a measure of intelligence?

Only happens in Australia. Give a bloke 100 hours and he's a bloody expert. When you've been flying 46 years you may claim to be my equal in experience. I'm still alive, so I must be doing something right.