PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA or JAA & Orlando Flight Training
View Single Post
Old 11th Jan 2011, 22:01
Pjbracer1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jaa Or FAA

Hi Guys I am in the same bind or perhaps worse, I am part way through a NPPLm and have done the exams but work and my parents divorce got in the way so I had to stop and now im looking to the future.I am thinking of doing Heli's with a view to getting CPL and FI ratings as a career change but dont know which to go for FAA or JAA ive heard that the JAA is only for us Brits so the schools only have us as customers (other comments on here) where as the FAA lic has much more competition and is so better managed.My question is if I go down the FAA route which is cheaper either fixed wing or whirlies, i can still fly in the UK with a check flight and some nav's (I spoke to the CFI at Fast and he said that they would want to take you on some NAV's and make sure you can use the Radio before they would let you take a heli or plane). but if I wanted to get a cpl over here do I have to convert to JAA and then what happens if I want to get a job over in Vegas say with the JAA lic will the US employers prefer to take FAA CPLS over a JAA CPL?I have been looking into this for some time and some many people have some many different views and I have spoken to lots of schools and no one can say which is best and I dont know who to belive (if I beleive the school which I possibly should I know they could be telling me what I want to here just to get some money).ARRRRRRRGHIf I get an answer I will post back on here and anyone's help is appreciated.I am trying to get the PPL out of the way this easter seeing as business will be bad and there is lots of time off cos of the bank hols'sCheersPaul