PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this a dying breed of Airman / Pilot for airlines?
Old 11th Jan 2011, 20:33
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bubbers 44 is correct. I remembered the triangle patterns by LEFT means you have nothing LEFT, RIGHT means you can Receive only.

as to dutchjock...it is this example that I hope will remind all pilots how many little things might just help them in a pinch. While analog TV is out, regular antennas can still received digital broadcasting and might still be pointed towards the major city broadcasting transmitter.

I even taught my students how to follow power lines to major cities...imgaine your fancy computer plane down to nothing...and you are over the Nevada desert...even your compass is out...and there is a set of power lines...one way takes you to a major power station and the other way to a major city which uses the power...either way, civilization and help...and most likely an airstrip.

what I propose is teaching pilots how to think like PILOTS and not button pushers.

so, keep pushing those buttons and as long as they work...great...but when you are down on your luck, try thinking like a pilot.